Qualifications for new members to NYSSH.
Qualifications for nomination for membership:.
- The applicant must be board certified in his/her primary surgical specialty.
- In addition to completing basic residency requirements, the applicant must have completed special training in surgery of the hand of at least an additional year. Such special training will be evaluated on an individual basis by the society.
- The applicant must be prepared to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the committee, significant interest in surgery of the hand. The applicant should be prepared to demonstrate that in the year prior to submission of their application, over 50% of their surgical cases deal with surgery of the hand.
- All qualified physicians practicing in the state of New York or within a 50-mile radius of Manhattan are eligible to apply for membership. Applicants are to have been in practice in this area for a year prior to submission of their application for membership
- Under exceptional circumstances, the executive committee by unanimous vote may recommend to the society that the any or all of the qualifications may be waived for the applicant.
Those desiring membership may apply in writing to the secretary of the Society, presenting their qualifications, endorsed by at least three active members of the Society. Completed applications must be received no later than January 30TH of each year.
Pay Base Dues Here:
Pay Guest Dinner Fees:
Click below to view our DirectoryView